PEARSON
atkinsonga026001.jpg
ATKINSON
Had a post office before Douglas due to the railroad. The postmaster from Douglas had to travel to Pearson to collect the mail. Pearson's first postmaster was a Mr. Holtzendorff. The newspaper, The Pearson Tribune, was begun in 1915 by a Mr. Roland. It's earliest editor, B.T. Allen. The Atkinson County Citizen began publication in September 1954 by Bird Yarbrough. Willacoochee, formerly known as Danielsville, was the first town chartered in Atkinson County on November 12th., 1889.
Pearson: