1953 FIRE TRUCK
Old Willacooche Post Office
Located in Willacoochee is the old post office and general store. it was constructed
between 1870-1890, and is a simple wooden building with a gabled roof. It was built
as one of the wooden store buildings which lined the main street (now U.S.82) but it
has since been moved to the rear of it's original location and has been remodeled
into a storage building.
Built in 1936, the still is of style of an earlier era. It is of log construction with a brick furnace. While in operation, the turpentine still was an important part of the community. It is owned by McCranie brothers, and it is believed to be the last complete fire still remaining in Georgia.It is located just West of Willacoochee on U.S. 82.
Willacoochee Masonic Lodge
Constructed about 1900 by B.B. Gray, the large brick structure was the first threestory building to be erected in Old Coffee County. The top floor was used as a masonic Lodge, the second floor was apartments, and the first floor was a store. It is located on U.S. 82 in Willacoochee.
OLD TURPENTINE STILL AREA
Is a Indian name believed to mean wildcat. Willacoochee also had a newspaper between 1910-1930 known as "The Willacoochee Times" and other various names.
The Brunswick and Western Railroad constructed around 1875, brought a period of growth to these towns. The Brunswick and Western Railroad later became the Atlantic Coastline. The Brunswick-Western and the Georgia-Florida Railroads intersected in Willacoochee.